MarsEdit 3.6.4: Authentication & Bug FixesApril 28th, 2014
MarsEdit 3.6.4 is available now from the MarsEdit home page, and has been submitted to the Mac App Store for review by Apple.
This release catches MarsEdit up with some recent security-related changes at both Tumblr and Flickr, as well as fixing a number of minor glitches and UI defects.
Tumblr users who have chosen to take advantage of the recently announced two-factor authentication support will want to update to this release to get authentication from MarsEdit working properly again. To connect from MarsEdit, just connect to your Tumblr settings page and click the option to “Generate mobile password.” Yes, this terminology is not the most accurate Tumblr could have possibly used. (Update May 2, 2014: Tumblr now calls them “app passwords” and alludes to other apps. Great improvement.)
Here is the complete list of changes for MarsEdit 3.6.4:
- Fix a problem with Tumblr 2-factor “mobile” passwords
- Update Flickr authentication to support new HTTPS API requirements
- Fix to support relative URLs in the rich editor, loaded relative to the home page URL
- Fix to prevent blank display of embedded YouTube videos lacking a URL scheme (http or https)
- Fix to prevent preview window from reloading completely when a post’s title is edited
- Fix a Voiceover issue that prevented contextual menus from appearing in the blogs and posts lists
- Fix some cosmetic issues in the blog settings panel UI
- Fix an issue where the main window showed up in an awkard position on first launch
- Fix bugs that caused documents to sometimes show changes when there hadn’t been any