FastScripts 3.2.5: Regex Multiline ModifiersMarch 9th, 2023
FastScripts 3.2.5 is now available on the FastScripts home page, or by selecting “Check for Update…” from the FastScripts menu.
This update includes a couple enhancements to the FastScripts Text Suite, which offers free regular expression utilities to all FastScripts users. Specifically, two new parameters are available, which enable the common “multiline” (/m) and “dot matches all” (/s) modifiers:
- anchors matching every line – should ^ and $ in the search pattern match the starts and ends of lines in a multiline string? defaults to false
- dot matching all – should a . in the search pattern match every character, including newlines, of a multiline string? defaults to false
These parameters are available for the “search text”, “replace text”, and “split text” commands.
Here’s the complete list of changes for this release:
- Regular expression script commands now support multiline anchors and dot matches all
- Modifier key shortcuts when selecting menu items can now be disabled in Settings
- Add a keyboard shortcut “Cmd-E” to script error panel to open in Script Editor
- Rename “result” property to “script result” to disambiguate from built-in AppleScript result property
- Fix a bug that caused the Script Libraries list in Settings to appear shorter than expected
If you enjoy FastScripts, please consider spreading the word on Facebook or Twitter! Thanks for your support.