MarsEdit 3.7.2 is available now on the MarsEdit home page, and will be submitted to the Mac App Store approval for approval by Apple.
I mentioned previously that our apps are compatible with OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Well, you never quite know for sure until the masses get ahold of the app and start playing with it. As soon as 10.11 shipped I started seeing reports with a tell-tale indication that MarsEdit was crashing in the process of exiting full screen mode.
I got to the bottom of the problem, which has to do with nuances about how things are cleaned up when a MarsEdit editor is being closed. The issue in the crashes was something about the process of closing a MarsEdit document and exiting full screen mode at the same time, caused a perfect storm of sorts in the cleaning up process: the system was still animating the window after MarsEdit had said goodbye and thought it was done.
MarsEdit 3.7.2 fixes this crash and also included a number of other fixes I’ve been queueing up.
- Fix a crash that occurred when closing an editor window directly from Full Screen mode in OS X El Capitan
- MarsEdit now defaults to HTTPS for new connections to Tumblr blogs to increase security
- Fix an issue that prevented MarsEdit from connecting to HTTPS endpoints that require TLS1.1 or TLS1.2
- Fix a problem where content in a post’s title could be stripped for display if it looked like HTML
- Fix a bug in handling literal % characters in text supplied by browser bookmarklet
- For Flickr photo browsing, supprot an option to download 500 photos for moderately high number without downloading all
- MarsEdit’s editor window now fill all available space in full screen mode
Let me know if you run into anything unusual with the update!