First up, this release addresses a number of issues affecting the upload of GIF images. Chief among them: animated GIF images can now be resized without losing animation!
Second, a significant revision to MarsEdit’s Media Manager should improve its appearance for folks who are running in macOS Mojave’s Dark Mode. We added Dark Mode support in MarsEdit 4.2, but the Media Manager still had some rough edges.
Finally, this update contains a grab bag of little fixes and enhancements, any one of which might just make your day. Here’s a list of all the changes in MarsEdit 4.3:
- Improvements to handling of uploaded GIF images
- Support resizing animated GIFs while preserving animation
- Fix a bug that caused some GIF images to be uploaded as empty files
- Fix a bug where GIF images uploaded to Tumblr blogs were converted to PNG format
- Interface improvements
- Refine Dark Mode support in the Media Manager
- Fix a bug that prevented a visual divider line from appearing in Media Manager
- Change the “New Category” placeholder text to a subtler style
- Improve status messages when refreshing blog
- Revised Preferences layout to unify General and Editing into single “General” tab
- Other improvements
- Fix a crash that could occur when undoing after “Restore Default” in the Quick Posts template editor
- Fix the size of preview window content to match what is seen in web browsers
- Fix a missing image MarsEdit Help in Text Filters documentation
- Support new Micro.blog distinction between created and modified dates on posts
- Fix a bug that could cause additional image markup to be entered when adding a photo to a Tumblr post
If you enjoy MarsEdit, please consider writing a review or rating the app on the Mac App Store, spreading the word on Facebook or Twitter, and of course, writing about the app on your own blog! Thanks for your support.