While most people love Black Ink for its digital solving features, it’s also an excellent tool for printing. Whether you’re practicing for the ACPT, or you just want to spend a little time away from your screens, turn to Black Ink for an effortless paper rendition of your favorite puzzles.
When you print a puzzle, you get Black Ink’s usual beautiful grid rendering, along with a sophisticated clue layout algorithm, and many options for fine-tuning the content and positioning of the puzzle’s elements:
This update includes a variety of small improvements to the printing feature, as well as a number of other important fixes to improve the usability and reliability of the app:
- General improvements to puzzle printing
- Fixed a bug that caused puzzle clues to print in bold when fitting to a single page
- Fixed the appearance of the Puzzle Notes when Dark Mode is enabled
- Improved the centering of circles when drawn in puzzle squares
- Decreased the severity of the shadow drawn on text in selected cells
- Fixed a bug that caused the last row/column to be slightly shorter/narrower than other cells
- Typing a clue number to jump to a clue now favors the clue in the same direction as currently selected clue
- Removed Emoji & Symbols menu item since it’s not used for puzzle answer entry
- Direct navigation by typing clue number now favors the orientation where the answer is not yet entered
If you enjoy Black Ink, please consider writing a review or rating the app on the Mac App Store, or spreading the word on Facebook or Twitter! Questions or concerns? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.