I’m excited to share that MarsEdit 5, the next major upgrade to the desktop Mac blog editing app, will be officially released in about two weeks! I am still tying up some loose ends but I want to share an early peek with any users who want to give some of the new features a look:
This update includes a number of changes, both big and small. When the public release is complete I’ll write a more thorough description, but in the mean time here’s a bullet list of some of the biggest changes:
- New Markdown syntax highlighting in plain text mode
- New “Micropost” interface for streamlined publishing of short-form posts
- New calendar-based date editor changing publish dates
- New inline find/replace interface used throughout the app
- Support for inserting photos and sketches directly from iPhone or iPad
- Rich editor updated to modern WebKit2 for improved performance
There may be a few surprises in store yet before the official release, but I hope you enjoy checking out what’s there now in the mean time.
MarsEdit 5 will be a paid upgrade for existing licensed users of MarsEdit 4, and a free upgrade for people who purchased MarsEdit 4 after July 1, 2022. So if you’re excited about what you see and want to ensure you get MarsEdit 5 for the lowest price, purchase MarsEdit 4 today!