MarsEdit 5.1b2 is now available for folks who want to try the under-development support for posting and editing entries on Mastodon microblogs.
Unfortunately the first beta had a bug that prevents it from recognizing newer beta releases, so if you downloaded 5.1b1, you’ll need to manually download MarsEdit 5.1b2 and replace your older copy. Future updates should be delivered as expected via the app’s built-in updating system.
This update includes a number of fixes which are generally applicable and not unique to Mastodon. Here’s the complete list of changes:
- Fix software update mechanism to update automatically to future betas
- HTML Entities are now syntax-highlighted and ignored for live spell checking
- Improve design, typography, and wording of New Blog interface
- Improve appearance of the image attachments area when “always show scroll bar” is enabled
- Fix a bug that sometimes caused spell checking to fail in Plain Text editing mode
- Changes to Custom Field preferences are now reflected immediately in affected post windows
If you enjoy MarsEdit, please consider writing a review or rating the app on the Mac App Store, spreading the word on Facebook or Twitter, and of course, writing about the app on your own blog! Thanks for your support.j