FastScripts 3.0.2 is now available on the FastScripts home page, or by selecting “Check for Update” from the FastScripts menu.
This update should provide a dramatic improvement for folks with a large number of scripts in their script library, as it includes a change to the way FastScripts checks for updates to items in the Scripts folder. Previously it would make a quick scan of the whole Scripts folder every time you click the menu bar icon, but as of this update it subscribes for change notifications from macOS and updates the content of the menu proactively so that it will be ready as soon as the icon is clicked.
The update also includes a few bug fixes and enhancements inspired by reports I’ve received since 3.0 was released. Please keep the feedback coming! Here’s the complete list of changes in this update:
- Performance improvements for users with large script folders
- Fix an issue that caused consecutive scripted alerts to get hidden from view
- Improved keyboard navigation and text editing in the search field
- Fix a rare crash that could occur after moving FastScripts’s location on disk
- Fix an issue causing custom colored menu bar icons to appear enabled on secondary screens
- Script progress now updates immediately even if the script blocks on a modal panel after updating it