MarsEdit 5.0.3: Syntax Highlighting Fixes and MoreJanuary 26th, 2023
MarsEdit 5.0.3 is now available on the MarsEdit site and on the Mac App Store.
This update includes a number of fixes for the plain text editor, particularly for the Markdown syntax highlighting that was introduced in MarsEdit 5.0. It also includes a number of other fixes and enhancements:
- Plain Text editor improvements
- Performance improvements and lots of little fixes
- Fix a bug that prevented syntax highlighting when an Emoji character was part of a post
- Restore functionality of “Check Spelling while Typing”
- Restore MarsEdit 4 behavior of focusing on the body when opening an existing post
- Fix a bug that caused focus to shift to Local Drafts after publishing a Micropost
- Cmd-F shortcut now activates search field in post editor window, even if post content is not focused
- Upload Utility window now closes after clicking the “Upload Now” button
- Fix a bug that could cause the content of a post in Rich Text mode to disappear when pasting or undoing
- Fix an issue with the layout of the Post Templates blog settings section when the template text is long
If you enjoy MarsEdit, please consider writing a review or rating the app on the Mac App Store, spreading the word on Facebook or Twitter, and of course, writing about the app on your own blog! Thanks for your support.