Time for another MarsEdit update. This time I’ve addressed some issues with the Text Markup menu. The major change is to add a redundant version of the menu to the Post menu in the menu bar. This will ensure that the shortcuts are available even if you don’t have the toolbar visible in a post window.
If you occasionally find yourself wanting to repeat a particular markup macro, and it doesn’t have a keyboard shortcut of its own, you’ll enjoy the new “Again” markup menu item (inspired by Guy Kawasaki). Just press Cmd-Y to repeat whatever markup macro you last invoked.
Other changes are a bit more subtle, but for some of you will be particularly welcome. Fixes for Blogger and Movable Type users address minor nuisances, and some other minor tweaks that may affect all users.
- Markup Changes
- “Do Again” item for markup menu – repeats last applied item
- Add Text Markup menu to main menu (fixes issues with markup macros when toolbar is hidden)
- Better support for Return, Arrow keys, and F-Keys in markup shortcuts
- List recent dates as relative, e.g. “Yesterday, 3:30 PM”
- Fix false warning of empty categories when only a new category is set
- Add some missing French localized strings
- Don’t bounce icon when editing in external editor
- Movable Type Specific
- Fix bug causing _1 being appended to slugs
- Blogger Specific
- Improve formatting display for <br /> tags in Blogger posts