This update adds a new Share Extension for macOS, to support listing MarsEdit as one of the targets from any of the standard, system-wide share menus that supports sending images to another app. Now, when you have a photo in Preview, Photos, or any other app with the share menu, and you want to blog it, just select MarsEdit from the Share menu list to add it to a post. If MarsEdit doesn’t appear in the menu, you may need to enable the MarsEdit Share Extension in System Preferences.
The update also includes a new preference for choosing whether MarsEdit runs in Dark Mode or Light Mode, independently from the system default setting, and a couple fixes to improve the experience for Micro.blog users.
Here’s the complete list of changes for this release:
- New Share Extension supports opening images from the Share menu of other apps
- New Color Scheme preference to choose Dark, Light, or System appearance
- Improve appearance of color preference indicators on a future update to macOS
- Fix a bug that caused incorrect character count when HTML entities were included in post
- Fix an issue that caused the Media Manager selected blog to change unexpectedly
- Micro.blog specific improvements
- Title is now hidden by default until post exceeds 280 characters
- Added support for creating new categories
If you enjoy MarsEdit, please consider writing a review or rating the app on the Mac App Store, spreading the word on Facebook or Twitter, and of course, writing about the app on your own blog! Thanks for your support.